1. Generate writing ideas through discussions with
others and from printed material.
2. State and develop a clear main idea for writing.
3. Develop a purpose and audience for writing.
Indicator: Drafting, Revising and Editing
8. Vary language and style as appropriate to audience
9. Use available technology to compose text
10. Reread and assess writing for clarity, using a
variety of methods (e.g., writer’s circle)
12. Rearrange words and sentences to clarify meaning
15. Apply tools (e.g., rubric, checklist, feedback)
to judge the quality of writing.
16. Prepare for publication (e.g., for display or for
sharing with others) writing that follows a format appropriate
to the purpose, using techniques such as electronic resources
and graphics to enhance the final product.